"Advertising is the principal reason why the business man has come to inherit the earth."
— James Randolph Adams
So many options to choose from:
Traditional media … magazines, newspapers, radio, television, trade shows, events, billboards, telemarketing, direct mail, directory listings …
And then there is the new media … websites, online advertising, web-listings, email, e-newsletters, digital magazines, blogs, RSS feeds, mobile advertising, social media like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and more …
We will help you achieve your business objectives by recommending the best possible mix of various media platforms — within the parameters of your budget, of course — to address your target audiences to maximum effect.
Our aim? To get you noticed, to generate leads and sales and to give you the best possible return on your investment.
"There is more money wasted in advertising by underspending than by overspending. Years ago someone said that underspending in advertising is like buying a ticket halfway to Europe. You´ve spent your money, but you never get there."
— Morris Hite
Most advertising agencies concentrate on "above-the-line" media placements such as television, print media, radio and outdoor advertising. The reason for this focus is that "above-the-line" advertising placements earn recurring commission. "Below-the-line" advertising, like in-store promotions, direct mail, digital media and other emerging communications channels traditionally receive less attention, partly because there is little or no commission to be earned.
In order to remain competitive, businesses need to engage in a broad range of above and below the line advertising, utilising various types of conventional as well as new media. It is worth knowing that results from traditional above the line media — newspapers, magazines, radio and television — are diminishing the world over. This kind of advertising is also the most expensive and the least measurable, unless specific special promotions are being advertised. Results from new media are measurable and relatively inexpensive and can be obtained even on a small budget.
ZA Group offers a holistic, integrated approach to Media planning that includes:
- Identification of targeted audiences.
- Selection of the exact media vehicles to be used to advertise and promote your product or service.
- Information about the chosen media´s editorial focus, readership, circulation, demographics, etc.
- An integrated media strategy, including conventional and new media.
- Media liaison and negotiations for a mix of paid advertising, free publicity such as articles and press releases, and special promotions such as competitions and give-aways — to achieve the best possible rates for your advertising and media exposure.
- A flexible media plan that includes an advertising / promotional calendar, frequency schedules, time slots and duration, deadlines, media rates, creative costs and a very useful budgeting tool.
- Media placement, including keeping track of deadlines, technical requirements and the monitoring of actual placement.
Allied services include:
- Publicity and editorial services — such as the writing of articles and press releases.
- Creative services — from conceptual development to writing to graphic design to final delivery of material that adheres to each medium´s specific technical requirements — take a look at our portfolio at www.zamarketing.co.za/portfolio
- Media planning usually commences after the completion of a strategic marketing plan, though the exercise can be done in isolation — depending on how well known your industry and product or service offering is.
- Though we make recommendations, you — the client — ultimately decides where, when and at what cost to advertise.
- Of course, while we are old hands at traditional media, we are not specialists in every aspect of every new technology and medium. We have, however, scoured the market and formed strategic alliances with some of the best SEO, digital, mobile and social media experts in the industry, to bring you the cutting edge of new technology to reach your audiences.
Would you like to talk with someone about a holistic media plan for your business?
Give us a call on 0860 92 0000 or leave your details, below, and someone from the ZA Team will be in contact with you within the next two business days.
Registering for more information automatically qualifies you for a free subscription to our monthly e-letter ZA Tips! Every issue is packed with information and resources to help ensure your success. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link provided with every communication from ZA Group. We respect your privacy and will never sell or share your information with anyone.